Jomsom Apple Trek - 18 Day
The village of Marpha is situated in the Kali Gandaki Valley of the Annapurna Conservation Area at an altitude of 2.650 m. The exact geographical location is 28°45' Northern latitude, 83°42' Eastern longitude. It lies in a very remote region. The next road starts in Beni (2 to 3 days by foot); the next big market is Pokhara (3 to 4 days by foot). Marpha is also accessible by plane; from the small airport in Jomsom (1 hour by foot) it takes only half an hour to Pokhara by plane.
In Marpha almost every household seemed to be engaged in apple farming to some extent. Also any literature found in the village library stretched out the economic importance of apple production for the region.
Trip duration: 18 Days
Activity: Trekking and Sightseeing Tour
Accommodation: Hotel, lodge (tea house)
Day 01: Arrive In Kathmandu
Day 02: Kathmandu City Tour
Day 03: Kathmandu - Pokhara
Day 04: Pokhara - Jomsom - Marpha
Day 05: Marpha Apple Farm Visit
Day 06: Visiting Apple Brandy Factory
Day 07: Marpha - Kalopani
Day 08: Kalopani - Tatopani (1190m)
Day 09: Tatopani - Ghorepani (2819m)
Day 10: Ghorepani - Poon Hill - Tadapani
Day 11: Tadapani - Landrung
Day 12: Landrung - Dhampus
Day 13: Dhampus - Pokhara
Day 14: Pokhara City Tour
Day 15: Pokhara - Rafting - Royal Chitwan National Park
Day 16: Royal Chitwan National Park
Day 17: Royal Chitwan National Park - Kathmandu
Day 18: Departure
Trip Cost includes:
- Airport transfers on private vehicle.
- Twin sharing accommodation in Kathmandu as per the category of package trip taken on Bed & Breakfast basis.
- An English speaking tour guide for city sightseeing.
- An English speaking trekking guide for the trekking with necessary Cook & porters.
- Wages of guide and other members of the team.
- National park fees, Govt. taxes and other applicable fees.
- Domestic airfare as mentioned in the above itinerary.
Trip cost does not include:
- International Airfare.
- Nepalese Visa fee and airport departure tax.
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu.
- Personal / Travel / Medical insurance and any other insurance for the members.
- Expenses of personal nature viz. tips, laundry, phone calls, alcoholic beverages, bottled drinks etc.
- Emergency evacuations.
- Any other cost, which is not mentioned in cost inclusive field above.